Home for the Holidays
Our fall semester recital is a festive performance of holiday themed dances, telling the story of Clara and her magical holiday journey, where toys come to life, snowflakes dance through the forest, and we celebrate the holidays with different cultures from around the globe! This is performed by all of our DHDC students (company and recreational), with each class presenting a different dance in the show. All DHDC students are enrolled and billed for our Holiday Show September 15th. If you do not plan on participating, please email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to October 1st. ALL holiday show fees are due no later than October 1st.
Costume hand out week will be December 3rd - 9th. Please plan on coming in the last 15 minutes of class to help try on and collect your dancer's costume. Holiday show costumes belong to DHDC, and must be returned to the costume return bags in dressing rooms immediately following the show. Dancers must provide their tights and shoes needed based on individual classes.
Additional Costumes Items by Class
- Creative Movement Classes, Youth Combination, Youth Ballet, Junior I Ballet, Junior Modern, Senior Ballet, Senior Modern: Pink tights, pink ballet shoes.
- Youth Hip Hop, Junior Hip Hop: Black tank top or leotard, sneakers.
- Junior II Ballet: Black tank top/shorts or leotard, pink ballet shoes.
- Junior Jazz, Senior Jazz: Pink tights, Jazz shoes.
- Senior Pointe: Pink tights, pointe shoes, white dresses (from recital two years ago)
- Senior Strength and Conditioning: Pink tights, black Jazz sneakers (if you have them, I have extra)
- Youth Company: Pink tights, pink ballet shoes, tan jazz shoes, black dance shorts, holiday party dress.
- Junior I Company: Pink tights, pink ballet shoes, tan jazz shoes, black dance shorts, holiday party dress.
- Junior II Company: Pink tights, pink ballet shoes, tan jazz shoes, black dance shorts, holiday party dress.
- Senior Company: Pink tights, pink ballet shoes, pointe shoes, tan jazz shoes, black dance shorts, holiday party dress.
Families will receive 2 complimentary tickets per dancer. You MUST have your ticket to enter the theater. There are extra tickets available for purchase for $15 each. Ticket hand out and ticket sales begin December 1st.
We will have a sign up for DVD orders in the lobby at the performance for $25 each. We will also have a DVD preorder available at the studio beginning December 1st. Please bring exact change cash or check for your DVD. We will only be taking orders from people who pay at signup. Your DVD will be available for pick up at the studio several weeks after the show. You will be emailed once the DVDs arrive.
We need parent volunteers backstage to make our shows happen! Sign up: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0a4fa8ae28aafe3-dhdc4. Volunteers helping out during the show will need to arrive at the theater by 6:00PM on Saturday.
We need parents to be a part of the party scene in our show! You will learn a simple dance with a partner and mingle onstage at Clara's holiday party. Rehearsals are December 2nd and 9th at DHDC from 10 - 11AM. Sign up: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0a4fa8ae28aafe3-holiday.
EYE – Medium brown shadow on the lid. Dark brown in the crease, white under the eyebrows. Darken brows with pencil. Black eyeliner winged out from upper and lower lid with white pencil in between the lines. Finish with black mascara and false lashes (company dancers and dancers 12+)
SKIN – Match skin tone with foundation and finish with translucent powder to reduce shine.
CHEEKS – Apply pink blush heavily along the line of the cheek bone.
LIPS – Bright red lips. I recommend Love That Red or Cherries in the Snow by Revlon. Avoid orange or purple reds.
HAIR - Using hair gel, comb hair into high ponytail, slick with no wispies. Wrap the ponytail into a clean, flat, bun. Cover with a hairnet and pin with ample bobby pins until secure. Use plenty of hairspray.
Thursday, December 14th at St. Pius High School
Our dress rehearsal runs from 4:00PM - 10:00PM. Upon arriving at the theater, dancers may sit in the audience with their class until their group is called. ALL dancers should arrive in their costume with hair and makeup done for dress rehearsal.Dancers must arrive at least 15 minutes prior to their scheduled time below:
Party Scene: 4:00 - 5:15PM
Dancers Called: Youth/Junior I/Junior II/Senior Company, Junior/Senior Jazz, Party Parents, Clara's Mother, Uncle Drosselmeyer, Sugarplum Fairy, Rat Queen, Junior Rats
- Party Entrance
- Frosty the Snowman
- Jingle Bell Rock
- Drosselmeyer Entrance
- I’ll Be Home for Christmas
- Wind up Dolls
- The Nutcracker
- Jingle Bells
- Party Exit
Battle Scene: 5:15 - 6:00PM
Dancers Called: Clara, Sugarplum Fairy, Uncle Drosselmeyer, Senior Company, Junior Soldiers, Rat Queen, Junior Rats, Youth Combination, Creative Movement Tuesday
- Nighttime Dance
- Toy Soldiers
- Scene change
Land of Sweets: 6:00 - 10:00PM
- Waltz of the Snowflakes: 6:00 - 6:20PM; Dancers Called: Creative Movement Saturday, Junior I/II Company, Senior Pointe, Clara
- Arabian Coffee: 6:20 - 6:30PM; Dancers Called: Arabian Soloist, Clara
- Chinese Tea: 6:30 - 6:40PM; Dancers Called: Youth Ballet, Chinese Duet, Clara
- Licorice (One Olive Jingle): 6:40 - 6:50PM; Dancers Called: Senior Company, Clara
- Waltz of the Bells: 6:50 - 7:00PM; Dancers Called: Junior II Ballet, Clara
- Waltz of the Candles: 7:00 - 7:10PM; Dancers Called: Senior Modern, Clara
- French Marzipan: 7:10 - 7:20PM; Dancers Called: Marzipan and Soloist, Clara
- Spanish Chocolate: 7:20 - 7:30PM; Dancers Called: Spanish Dancers and Soloist, Clara
- The Grinch: 7:30 - 7:40PM; Dancers Called: The Grinch, Junior Modern, Clara
- Russian Bon-Bons: 7:40 - 7:50PM; Dancers Called: Russian Dancers, Clara
- Gingerbread Cookies: 7:50 - 8:00PM; Dancers Called: Creative Movement Wednesday, Clara
- Candy Canes: 8:00 - 8:15PM; Dancers Called: Mother Ginger, Junior I Ballet, Candy Cane Soloist, Clara
- Santa's Reindeer and Toyland: 8:15 - 8:35PM; Dancers Called: Youth/Junior Hip Hop, Senior Conditioning, Clara
- Waltz of the Flowers: 8:35 - 8:55PM; Dancers Called: Senior Ballet, Junior Flowers, Creative Movement Thursday, Dew Drop Fairy, Clara
- Ice Dance: 8:55 - 9:00PM; Dancers Called: Dew Drop Fairy, Clara
- All I Want for Christmas: 9:00 - 9:15PM; Dancers Called: Youth/Junior I/II/Senior Company, Clara
- Sugarplum Fairy: 9:15 - 9:25PM; Dancers Called: Sugarplum Fairy, Clara
- Grand Finale: 9:25 - 9:35PM; Dancers Called: Junior II/Senior Company, Uncle Drosselmeyer, Sugarplum Fairy, Clara
- Bows: 9:35 - 9:45PM; Dancers Called: Junior II/Senior Company
Saturday, December 16th at 7:00PM at St. Pius High School
All dancers should be dropped off no earlier than 6:15 PM and no later than 6:30 PM. Dancers should arrive with hair and makeup done and wearing their costume. Bring your dancer to their assigned dressing rooms (by class). Use the hallway to the right of the theater from the lobby and turn left at the very end. Dancer pick up will take place immediately after the final dance of the show from the dressing rooms behind the stage. Use the hallway to the right of the theater from the lobby and turn left at the very end.
Our Recital and Dress Rehearsal will be held at St. Pius High School.